Photographer: Max Aria

Max Aria
It’s really easy for photographers to take good pictures of trained models, but I always think a good photographer can teach a model what he or she wants and the right look to give the camera.

How did you get to where you are now in your career?
I began as both a photographer and model around the same time, so it's a unique blend. I grew up playing football, and then a few injuries later, I transitioned into the fitness scene and photographers were reaching out to photograph me, and getting reached out to from agencies. I was pretty star-struck at the time because that didn't happen around where I grew up. At the same time, I was studying photography in Mississippi, mainly as a fun elective. In turn, I enjoyed the whole process, and it came naturally to me, being able to relate to people on the other side of the camera. I wanted to give them the feeling that I got when I first got some professional photos taken.


What is your opinion on modelling education?
It's really easy for photographers to take good pictures of trained models, but I always think a good photographer can teach a model what he or she wants and the right look to give the camera. It's not always about "A pretty picture". I feel like some trained models have their go-to poses and it's hard to get them out of them for something different. I think knowledge of body awareness and expression is key, but don't get trapped in your usual flow!

 Profile Picture of Max Aria, Photographer

Profile Picture of Max Aria, Photographer


What person has been your inspiration in life? Who is your hero?
That's a tough call since there are too many people! I always look to the top people in any field for inspiration. There's so much I can learn from people in other walks of life, and I think the most interesting part of photography isn't photography, it's capturing an idea or inspiration. On the photography side, Steve Carver here in Los Angeles, Lara Jade, Peter Hurley, and too many others to mention.


Do you feel like you've met your goals?
No, not at all. I'm always a work in progress. I'm constantly making new goals that push myself.


If you had to do it over again, what would you change?
More communication with the clients, both before and after the shoots. A lot of photographers work differently, so it's important to educate people on how you work. Also, I'm always wondering what the people I worked with in the past are up to, and social media helps bridge the gap, but I feel like I need to hold more parties to invite them to.

 

Do you have any tips?
Make people look good, and you'll do fine. Also, put a lot of work into a marketing plan and networking, because if people don't know who you are, you're probably not going to get hired by them.

 

How do you stay inspired?
The thought of travelling to places I'd never otherwise go and people I'll get to interact with on a creative basis in the future keeps me inspired. 99% of the jobs I do are fun. The other 1% go down as awkward stories.

 


What photography do related things you recommend?
Look at all the free tutorials and information there is online. It's mind-blowing to see how much is out there. Also, I'll say it again.. make people look good.

 

What's your favourite camera?
The Nikon D810 is amazing. Its dynamic range to capture so many details in the hardest environments is stellar. Also, it's very reliable and has never let me down.

 

What is your most memorable experience so far?
I was photographing headshots for a client downtown in a sketchy area, and so I had brought some pepper spray on my keychain. As I crouched down for the perfect shot, the pepper spray went off in my pocket (facing inward), and hilarity ensued. (not really)


They can contact me at maxaria@yahoo.com . I have different rates for different jobs, so send me a message and see!

www.instagram.com/maxariaphotography www.facebook.com/maxariaphotography www.maxariaphotography.com www.twitter.com/maxarianow maxaria@yahoo.com
Photographer : Max Aria Models: Ava Capra, Britt Lightning, Sara Ishaq, Quiggle Ignacio, James Darnell, Jenny Anaya, J'aime Spezzano, John Suazo, Kelly Russo, and Anna Bazarkina Hair and Makeup Artists: Trista Metz (Sadie Payne) , Ericka Agosto, Nicole Sims, and Rachel Olson Fashion Designers: Tatiana Shabelnik, Hazmat Designs, and Ralph Lauren, and Net Effects Traders

 

Name *
Name
rss Block
Select a Blog Page to create an RSS feed link. Learn more