Jess Monic Lavides
Jess Monic Lavides
State / Region
My full names are Jess Monic Lavides, and I used my stage name Nikki Chapman in Instagram since from the beginning I started the account. Below is my resume. All U.S based company outsourced in the Philippines.
Director of Sales
Tate Publishing & Enterprises
2nd Floor, JY Square Mall, Salinas Drive, Lahug Cebu City
July 1, 2014, to August 2015
I handle two departments: Tate Music Group And Tate Publishing.
● Developing strategy, tactics, sales plans and profit targets
● Developing relationships with clients
● Identifying and reporting on business opportunities in target markets
● Maximizing new business development opportunities
● Overseeing a sales team
● Calling authors also do selling
Business Development Manager
724 Care Inc.
2/F Gothong IT Center, Subangdaku, Mandaue City
November 2011 and 2012
● Maintain and develop a computerized customer and prospect database.
● Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by post, telephone, and email.
● Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
● Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
● develop business plans for the business
● find investors/clients for the company
Sales & Marketing Supervisor
Authors Solutions Inc.
TGU Building, Asia Town IT Park, Lahug Cebu City
Aug 2009 – 2011
“Awarded as 2009, 2010 & 2011 TOP (1) Marketing Consultant (iUniverse Marketing Department)”
● To assist the sales manager in leading, directing and motivating the sales team to achieve the overall corporate sales objectives.
● To assist the Sales Manager in revising and implementing the sales strategies plans.
● To assist the sales manager in generating sales opportunities by identifying appropriate business targets.
● Supervise the shift that I am scheduled.
● Handle customer issues, resolution and communicate escalated issues to the sales manager
● Supervise sales representatives.
● Assist with sales rep questions, concerns and product/service questions
● Create reports showing sales %, install %, adherence, and attendance etc.
● Make sure all employees adhere to company policies and procedures (example: dress code, eating food at station, cell phone usage, etc.)
● Monitors calls, provide feedback to reps and assist reps on sales %, install %, and quality assurance goals
● Communicate all employee relations issues, concerns, and incidents to Sales Manager.
● Knowledgeable on all marketing services and techniques in closing sale
● Do outbound calls for sales
Technical Support (4 LOBs)
Sykes Asia Inc. - ACCENTURE
June 2008 – 2009
“Awarded as 100% for TACRIFT surveys in at&t across all LOBs
Hybrid Technician for 4 LOB’s
-Home Networking (both static and dynamic)
-Digital Line Subscriber (DSL)
● Assigned to maintain and monitor the internet connection and its configuration.
● Troubleshoot connection problems and optimizing line performance and productivity.
● Configure Wireless connections and bridging third-party routers.
● Send monitoring reports for Network Outages.
● Process replacement parts and do up sell.
● Troubleshoot all kinds of an internet browser for both Windows and MAC computers.
Customer Service Representative
Convergys Philippines Corp. - MICROSOFT
6th Flr Keppel Bldg., Ayala Business Park, Cebu City
June 2007 - 2008
“Awarded as Top Box for Microsoft Surveys”
● Process credit card transactions
● Generates Product Keys for all Microsoft Products
● Knowledgeable in Microsoft Products (consumer) for technical inquiry, Licensing and provides knowledge base articles and helping customers in getting started through the solution centres and support websites.
● Routing/conferencing of calls in Internet Service Providers, third party vendor, reseller/IT Organizations, Original Equipment Manufacturers or specific support engineers in Microsoft for troubleshooting and generating Product keys for different software.
● Special task provided by Managers like monitor within team agents, track for all metrics, conduct product training and floor walking.
Apart from the corporate life, I did a tour in Asia like with Intl Dj Morgan Page. I'm featured in top 5 Djmag luxury clubs way back in the Philippines, appearances with Local famous DJs and celebrities from the events in the Philippines. I moved here 2 and half years ago and still being able to connect to public figures, and celebrities just come my way naturally. Overtime I built connections here in LA. Music industry like 1OAKLA, liaison, hyde sunset and be group made a good connection with Dean May and a list promoters in the Hollywood scene. I never thought id pursue modeling or runway because of low self-esteem. Ms Mandy Dyonne Lieveld of Elite, Next & SilentModel was my mentor and trained me how to walk for runways with tricks and techniques. I learned a lot from her and built strong confidence and empowerment. I'm pursuing modeling path and see how it goes.
Its a wrap day 1 🙌🏾 Thank you @runwaycoach ❤️ @elitela @elitenyc @nextmodels @silentmodelsny @voguerunway @voguemagazine @slaymodelsla #training #caoching #runway #runwaycoach #paris #nyc #la #miami #models #instagram #agency #bescouted #getscouted #vogue #elite #hollywood #walkoffame #walkthewalk #modelcoach #iam1stphorm
Our readers would love to get to know you more Jess Monic. Tell us about yourself, what is unique about you?
Life of the party
Jess Monic, what are your passion and aspiration in life? How did you start as a Model?
My passion for helping others especially my family. I'm the only child and became breadwinner after my parents annulled their marriage when I was 16 and up to this present I'm still supporting my Family and relatives. I feel good my influence to others helped them in some ways, and that gives me satisfaction and happiness. My aspiration in life is to see myself a few years from now achieving all ones I prayed before and be an inspiration to youth and support LGBTQ society. That's why I'm glad 1st Phorm had me part of their company becAuse of my intention to help influence others esp LGBT group to live a healthy lifestyle and be fit.
Who is your inspiration in life Jess Monic? How do you keep inspired?
We are humans, its normal some days just feel not right or just simply uninspired. Whenever I feel that way, I always count my blessings and think of people who are less fortunate than I am. I have a place to live, I wake up every day, I have food on the table, and that makes me feel back to my feet again to be inspired and be grateful.
We all make mistakes Jess Monic; we wish we could take back. Please tell us about time being a Model, you wish you’d handled a situation differently with a colleague.
I was once part of the biggest trans women beauty pageant in the Philippines. It’s the biggest in a sense I was part of the pioneer which was the first grand pageant was launched. All renowned designers like Carey Santiago, rei escario and family of designer Monique Lhuillier sponsored the event. It was my first I never walk with high heels on stage and never walked with designer gowns and swimwear. In spite of no experience, are you addition and luckily I was excepted be part of the 20 candidates. The only mistake that I wish I could turn back time was I allowed the fear and insecurities devoured me and ended up not performing well during the show. I wish I could’ve handled it better, and just enjoy the experience. Expectation, Low self-esteem invite frustrations and overtime I learned from my mistakes and move forward.
Jess Monic, when you’re working with a large number of clients, it’s tricky to deliver excellent service to them all. As a Model, how do you go about prioritizing your clients’ needs?
I build my clients trust, and I am responsible for maintaining the good relationship with them. In My experience, setting the right expectations helps me organize my time in prioritizing my clients. I always give the best I can, to exceed expectations
Please tell us Jess Monic, about a time you had to be very strategic to meet all your top priorities as a Model?
Again, I don’t have experience in modeling. However, it’s the same work as I was in the corporate when there was the time its almost end of the month and us were still far from hitting the sales quota. It’s always effective when working as a team and when I work wisely and smartly.
Jess Monic, please give us an example of a time when you were able to successfully persuade someone to see things your way at work.
Selling marketing services when I was working in a publishing company before was very challenging because the prices are very high to feature authors book like in New York Times Sunday Magazine, readers digest, informercial, etc....
I offer services only that is best-fit base on their books genre. And I always set expectations like there is no guaranteed return on investment just like any advertising company. But what I can guarantee is what I offer them is a targeted marketing approach and not just a campaign that goes out everywhere. At least in that way, they will see the whole picture that what they’re paying for goes to the right audience. Being persistent is an important key to be successful. And helping others rather than just taking their money will show the genuine relationship between customers and clients and it's guaranteed they return as loyal customers.
Jess Monic, please tell us about your proudest professional accomplishment as a Model. There might be many, but there is always this proudest moment that you just want with share to everyone. What is it and why?
Not as a model, but as a key player in the corporate or publishing company. I made myself all the way to the top as a director of sales in spite of not finishing my degree in college. Working smart, wisely and maintaining good relationship co-workers and with your clients will give you credibility.
Jess Monic, please give us an example of a time you were able to be creative with your work. What was exciting or difficult about it?
Creative in the sense of Doing different approach and style every month when offering marketing services from the publishing company I worked with. It’s exciting because it’s an experiment that I never thought it would work like making perks and discounts and what no doing different approach and style every month when offering marketing services from the publishing company I worked with. It’s exciting because it’s an experiment that I never thought it would work like offering perks and discounts That no one had thought before in the company.
What advice would you give to the people who want to be successful as a Model?*
Love yourself and be yourself. Ultimately, everything will follow.
Are you looking for collaboration with fashion talents, brands and creatives? If yes, please state what type of collaboration you are looking for?
Combine fitness with fashion.
Now for the best part Jess Monic! Please upload 5-10 photos so we can get to see your work.
This is real life shots, not Done professionally.